Being polite pays a dividents


“Being polite costs nothing But it always pays dividends”. Have you ever thought about how much nicer the world be if you are always polite to the people you meet?

Once I was travelled to new Delhi, got in a taxi from Airport, I had a urgent meeting to be attended, I said taxi driver in a hurry the hotel name just Taj, He tried to ask in Hindi like Taj palace or Taj vivanta and he kept asking which Taj. What we had was a simple misunderstanding that I should have been able to easily correct. However, I was needlessly rude. After two or three attempts to tell him the hotel name, and obviously not getting through, I was about to say , if he did not know the city to stop and let me get another taxi.

The taxi driver immediately became defensive and said something negative in return. I just kept without speaking for no reason. Both of us were angry each other, both could not enjoy the journey, he was still did not know which Taj, Took me to other Taj where my booking was not. I got too angry by that time, because I was getting late for the meeting. Finally taken out my reservation slip and gave it to him. He read the name and address and murmured himself something. Then he took me to the right hotel, He was no doubt upset, I realized if I would have given the slip, how nice it would have been. Being polite would have been enjoyed both of us that journey time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's maturity is different form yesterday's

33. Count your blessings not the troubles

1. Covid 19 Pandemic: Embracing life's True Values