Money is a byproduct



One of my child hood friends met me in a Bus traveling to Chennai. He was surprised to see me in the bus and asked me, “how come you travel in ordinary bus, person like you successful, business person, having more than 100 employees working for you, so popular in the industry, always we watch you in the television interview in many channels, running multiple businesses, education institution. Holding a post in many social service organisation and you are inspiration to many of us. Many of your employees travel by Air. You must be richer enough to travel Air. My reply was that is why I became rich, he looked confused for while.


We always have misconception that after making money we should travel in High class travel. Must use big brands like Louis Philips, Arrow, Raymond’s, Nike, Rolex, Mercedes, Audi’s.. This is how many people get in trap of spending and collapse back all. The whole effort to reach here is to get materials satisfaction to impress the others.


I always remember the small story of Bill gates- he gives one dollar tips to the hotel waiter. He says , your daughter is better, she always drops tips of more than 10 dollar. Bill gates says , she is daughter of a billionaire, but I am not…


The truth is that most self made are frugal and only spend on what is necessary and value.  I have many friends who are children of rich business people and politicians. I noticed, Most of the time they spend thinking on the big brands. Gossiping about the brand of clothes, Cars etc., I also noticed that it was only those who never had to work hard to build their own wealth, spent like there was not tomorrow. When you do not have to build everything from scratch, you do not really value the money.


I know you also have question to me, what the use earning money, if you are not enjoying it?  But I don’t really believe that the happiness is in only buying big brands, Cars, jewellery or high class travels. Even it is so, it is only for short while, it does not last long.   

Material happiness never lasts, it gives you quick fix. After a while you feel lousy again and have to buy the next thing. It never ends. The subconscious mind is filled with unsatisfied, unfulfilled sad life always. 


Instead, we start experiencing the happiness in our work, making someone to be successful, training, teaching, creating education to the needy.


What makes me happy is when I meet my commitments to the people irrespective of materials benefits and providing education, employments to the needy. Writing about my experiences to the people and reading the replies for my writings, blogs and newsletters. I look at Money is always a by-product of my work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's maturity is different form yesterday's

33. Count your blessings not the troubles

1. Covid 19 Pandemic: Embracing life's True Values