Happiness set point



 The realisation in my life is to have Gratitude to be happy. "Success is getting what you want and Happiness is wanting what you get."  The wanting what you get is expression of gratitude.  “Mother of all virtue is Gratitude”. I acknowledge this statement with my personal experiences.

Always our body carries a basic level of happiness as predetermined point and strives to maintain it. The Happiness drops momentarily when something bad event happens and set back to predetermined point after a while. 

Similarly if something positive events will rises our happiness and returns to our predetermined set point. This can be called “Happiness set point”. 

The practice of Gratitude can keep you continues events of happiness and   maintains the "Happiness set point" always higher in your life. Continuous practice of this can raise your “Happiness set point”   to next higher level.

So we can remain at a higher level of happiness in spite of any circumstances.

Expression of gratitude and to say we feel grateful is not to say that everything in our lives is necessarily great. It just means we are aware of our blessings.

The first thing in the morning and before go to bed , I practice expressing the gratitude to almighty, for creating me, creating the   opportunities around me, creating the people around me, the daily teaching from all the events. The bad event also teaches a lesson. I had to undergo that event to learn the lesson and I should be grateful for the almighty for creating that customised event for me alone.

Keep track of “Happiness set point” . And raise its level continuously…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's maturity is different form yesterday's

33. Count your blessings not the troubles

1. Covid 19 Pandemic: Embracing life's True Values